Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sundried Tomato Pasta

My whole family just loves this recipe that I got from my friend Johanna. Even my tomato-haters (and I have three) love it.

INGREDIENTS
1 (12 ounce) package farfalle (bow tie) pasta*
2 Tbs - 1/2 cup butter (I've tried both and everything in between. They are all good).
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 cooked skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut or shredded into bite-size pieces
Approx 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes**
4 tablespoons grated Romano cheese***

DIRECTIONS
In a large pot with boiling salted water cook farfalle pasta until al dente. Drain. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan. Add garlic cloves and cook until garlic browns. Add the cream of chicken soup and milk, stirring until smooth. Stir in the dried parsley, salt, and ground fresh pepper. Let simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken pieces and hydrated sun dried tomatoes. Simmer for 6 to 8 minutes. Mix in grated Romano cheese. Toss cooked and drained pasta with chicken sauce. Serve warm.

*I used spiral noodles because I didn't have enough bow tie. It was good with the spiral, but I have had it before with the bow tie and I thought it was much better with bow tie.

**Cheapest (and largest) jars of sundried tomatoes can be found at Costco. Otherwise, smaller jars (enough to make this recipe 3 times) can be found in the canned and jarred tomato section in your regular grocery store, $3.99 at Smell-mart.

***Recipe calls for 2 Tbs. Johanna always uses extra and I used 4 when I made it.