Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Most Amazing Chili

My friend Jamie gave a recipe for the most amazing chili. We have made it several times and we never get sick of it. It really is fan. tas. tic. With her blessing, I share the recipe with you. I'll just say that regardless of how the ingredients below may sound, this is definitely chili. This is not taco soup!

Ingredients
1 can chicken broth
1 lb ground beef
1 lb pork sausage (or more beef)
1 lb shredded chicken (Jamie uses rotisserie, I shred three cooked chicken breasts)
3 cans "ranch style" beans
1 C sweet corn (frozen)
2 26 oz jars of salsa (Jamie recommends Sam's Choice (Walmart) black bean and corn, and garlic and lime. I now make it with one each of those two.)
1/4 - 1 cup sugar (I use brown)

Directions
Brown beef and sausage and cook chicken. Mix all ingredients well, simmer in crock pot on low for appromixtely 8 hours.

*If you use the crock pot to mix in, add wet ingredients first, meat last, otherwise the meat may get stuck to the sides of the pot and burn.

**Do not attempt to double the recipe. This makes a surprisingly gigantic amount, barely enough to fit in my big crock pot.