Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Stovetop Meatloaf

I first heard of this recipe from my friend Jen and from some of her friends and family suggestions. I made it tonight and it was a big hit with the whole family! Extremely easy, very moist (but not gross-moist), and very different from any meatloaf I've had before! Kinley is already asking if she can have it tomorrow for lunch :)

Stove Top Meatloaf
Ingredients:
Loaf*:
1 & 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/2 to 1 box of stuffing
1 & 1/2 cups applesauce

Sauce (optional, but really yummy!):
2 tbs brown sugar
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp mustard

Directions:
Mix beef, stuffing and applesauce, put in greased breadloaf pan. Mix up sauce, spread evenly on top. Bake uncovered for 90 minutes.

*These are the exact amounts that I used. You can use more or less of any of the ingredients to taste. I think that's the amount of beef I used, LOL. Mom Bradshaw, how much Bradshaw beef is in one of those things anyway?? :)