Thursday, June 5, 2008

Apple Quesadilla

So the strange cravings I have been having are for things that I've never actually had before. I'm craving things I see on the covers of magazines or online. I found about a million variations of this recipe online and combined them into what I thought would make me happy (based on what I had in the fridge). Yum yum! Wow! Even better than I thought! And Tanner likes it too. Kinley is turned off by the onions. Her loss!

Ingredients:
two tortillas
shredded cheese
honey mustard (optional)
lunchmeat cut in strips or square (ham is usually recommended, though I used turkey)
onions sliced in rings and sauteed in "I can't believe it's not butter" spray and salt (sea salt is very nice) (also optional, but I looooooove sauteed onions!)
The magic ingredient: apple slices.

Directions
Spread a light layer of honey mustard on one side of a tortilla. Layer cheese, lunchmeat, onions and a generous layer of apples. Cover with the second tortilla. Grill on both sides and serve immediately. Delicious!!