Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Turkey Burgers

20 oz Ground Turkey
1/3 c Chopped Sun Dried Tomatoes
1/4 c Dried Basil
2 tbs Italian dressing
2 tbs Montreal Steak Seasoning
salt and pepper to taste

Makes six burgers.

Cook on grill or in oven. Top with sauteed mushrooms and mozzarella cheese. Allow cheese to melt. Serve on hamburger buns or toasted bread. For a little more kick, use swiss cheese. Ketchup not needed :)

This was a concoction of my own, I tried making turkey burgers with some ground turkey that I got on sale. I wanted it to be different from a traditional burger, so that the real red meat lovers in the family could appreciate it as well and wouldn't feel like they were cheated. I was going to add fresh parm cheese to the burger mix but I forgot.

Nutritional info is for burger only.